Magnelab Shows New Products Magnelab announces an exhibit at GlobalCon in Philadelphia, PA on March 22-23, 2017. We will show-off new products, in addition to the quality CT’s that industry professionals have come to associate with the name Magnelab. High Accuracy and Wireless CT’s Magnelab will demonstrate new products: RGS Revenue Grade Transducer Wireless CT’s Current Products Magnelab […]
This is a guest blog by Philippe Marseille. In it he explains his installation and setup of an eGauge system with Magnelab current sensors to monitor the power consumption of his Tesla S 85D (when charging), in addition to the overall consumption of his house. Hi, I like to track my energy usage (from my […]
Accuracy/Tolerance Explanations: A question is often asked about what the difference is between the tolerances specified by Magnelab and other companies. Don’t be deceived by the numbers or catch phases, know what you are getting when ordering current transformers (CT’s). When looking at the specifications for a CT, the accuracy rating or class can be […]
Many meter manufacturers and others ask why use a Magnelab standard, pre-burdened voltage output current transformer (CT) for monitoring power instead of the traditional 5 amp output current transformer (CT) that’s been used for decades. There are several similarities and differences between the two CT types–the similarities are that both CT’s operate under the same […]
Feeling like your electrical efficiency is sub-par? Submetering might be exactly what you need to optimize your building – and your business.
Why do you care about burden when ordering current transformers? Many of our customers regularly request quotes for standard and custom 5A ratio type current transformers but only ask for the window size and the input current with no knowledge of the “burden”. The burden is specified as VA or resistance (or impedance). We can […]
The Last 30 Posts
- Magnelab at GlobalCon March 22-23, 2017
- Core Drivers of Energy Use in Buildings
- Tracking how Electric Vehicles charging effect residential power usage.
- The benefits of high quality electrical usage interval data
- How to Extend the Life of Your Equipment
- How Energy Monitoring Can Save Money
- Explanation of Accuracy Specifications for Current Transformers
- Current to Voltage vs Current to Current Transformers
- Advantages & Applications of Rogowski Coils
- What does CT “burden” mean?