Practical tips for monitoring and regulating power consumption Large, 3-Phase motors, compressors, pumps, and equipment used in an industrial setting benefit from operating at certain voltages (and amperages). While managers and machine operators may be aware of the OEM specs and operational guidelines, few practice practical condition and energy monitoring over the lifetime of their […]
From electricians to homeowners, city planners to CEOs, energy monitoring is a buzzword that means more than environmental friendliness, it means big savings.
Accuracy/Tolerance Explanations: A question is often asked about what the difference is between the tolerances specified by Magnelab and other companies. Don’t be deceived by the numbers or catch phases, know what you are getting when ordering current transformers (CT’s). When looking at the specifications for a CT, the accuracy rating or class can be […]
Many meter manufacturers and others ask why use a Magnelab standard, pre-burdened voltage output current transformer (CT) for monitoring power instead of the traditional 5 amp output current transformer (CT) that’s been used for decades. There are several similarities and differences between the two CT types–the similarities are that both CT’s operate under the same […]
Feeling like your electrical efficiency is sub-par? Submetering might be exactly what you need to optimize your building – and your business.
Why do you care about burden when ordering current transformers? Many of our customers regularly request quotes for standard and custom 5A ratio type current transformers but only ask for the window size and the input current with no knowledge of the “burden”. The burden is specified as VA or resistance (or impedance). We can […]
Flexible, rope-like current sensors offer ease of use and work well in tight spaces. Magnelab was the first U.S. manufacturer of Rogowski Coils. Each of our coils measures up to thousands of amps.
RGB series products permit any of our current sensors to perform as highly accurate revenue grade measuring devices.
High Isolation Transformers provide up to 15,000 volt isolation for exceptional patient safely.
Highly accurate Liquid Salinity Sensors allow measurement of the salinity of a liquid (such as blood) without the need to physically touch it. Patent Pending.
The Last 30 Posts
- Rogowski Coil Linearity and Accuracy with and without Integrators
- Magnelab’s 50th Anniversary Celebration Video Link
- MAGNELAB’S 50th Anniversary Celebration
- Video – Magnelab UL Listed Rogowski Coils
- Magnelab’s First Line of UL Listed Rogowski Coils
- Real-Time Electricity Savings for Schools Using Magnelab Current Transformers
- Magnelab at World Energy Engineering Congress (WEEC) September 27-28
- Magnelab Rogowski Coils Video
- Magnelab at Sensors Expo June 28-29, 2017
- New, Improved Rogowski Coil Accuracy
- Magnelab at West Coast Energy Management Congress June 7th and 8th, 2017
- How to Determine Core Size in Current Transformers
- Magnelab and ReNew Our Schools
- Contact Magnelab to Help Alleviate Equipment Failure and Save Money with Monitoring
- Magnelab at GlobalCon March 22-23, 2017
- Core Drivers of Energy Use in Buildings
- Tracking how Electric Vehicles charging effect residential power usage.
- The benefits of high quality electrical usage interval data
- How to Extend the Life of Your Equipment
- How Energy Monitoring Can Save Money
- Explanation of Accuracy Specifications for Current Transformers
- Current to Voltage vs Current to Current Transformers
- Advantages & Applications of Rogowski Coils
- What does CT “burden” mean?