Practical tips for monitoring and regulating power consumption Large, 3-Phase motors, compressors, pumps, and equipment used in an industrial setting benefit from operating at certain voltages (and amperages). While managers and machine operators may be aware of the OEM specs and operational guidelines, few practice practical condition and energy monitoring over the lifetime of their […]
From electricians to homeowners, city planners to CEOs, energy monitoring is a buzzword that means more than environmental friendliness, it means big savings.
Accuracy/Tolerance Explanations: A question is often asked about what the difference is between the tolerances specified by Magnelab and other companies. Don’t be deceived by the numbers or catch phases, know what you are getting when ordering current transformers (CT’s). When looking at the specifications for a CT, the accuracy rating or class can be […]
Many meter manufacturers and others ask why use a Magnelab standard, pre-burdened voltage output current transformer (CT) for monitoring power instead of the traditional 5 amp output current transformer (CT) that’s been used for decades. There are several similarities and differences between the two CT types–the similarities are that both CT’s operate under the same […]
The Last 30 Posts
- Magnelab at Sensors Expo June 28-29, 2017
- New, Improved Rogowski Coil Accuracy
- Magnelab at West Coast Energy Management Congress June 7th and 8th, 2017
- How to Determine Core Size in Current Transformers
- Magnelab and ReNew Our Schools
- Contact Magnelab to Help Alleviate Equipment Failure and Save Money with Monitoring
- Magnelab at GlobalCon March 22-23, 2017
- Core Drivers of Energy Use in Buildings
- Tracking how Electric Vehicles charging effect residential power usage.
- The benefits of high quality electrical usage interval data
- How to Extend the Life of Your Equipment
- How Energy Monitoring Can Save Money
- Explanation of Accuracy Specifications for Current Transformers
- Current to Voltage vs Current to Current Transformers
- Advantages & Applications of Rogowski Coils
- What does CT “burden” mean?